Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Nuts & Bolts

The basic design theory for this project is inspired mainly by the Imperial Guard of Warhammer 40,000.  I may deviate from the basic principles of that army here and there but the staples will be infantry backed by armor.  When it comes to infantry I will be limiting myself to Soviet troops so that there is a mostly uinform look for part of the force.  The approach on vehicles will be very loose, if it's roughly in scale and I can easily get my hands on it I will likely add it in.  The hope is to one day have a force large enough for some truly epic battles on large tables.

The current progress on the force over the last year has been in bursts of activity here and there.  As I wasn't anticipating treating it as a primary project I didn't go in too heavy.  Half of what is seen has been done in the last few months and should expand pretty quickly now that I'm driven to make it a main option.

This truck marks a first for me in miniature gaming.  I have done miniatures without the ability to fight in the past, but never as an item specific to an army.  I plan to add a selection of support vehicles to be used either as unarmed transport, scenario objectives, or just to make the table feel more alive.

For rules I plan to use Squad Hammer Core by Nordic Weasel Games.  This is easily my first choice since it's easy to set up and gameplay moves quickly.  As full disclosure I am involved in playtest and have photos of my painted miniatures displayed in the book.  I'm definitely open to adapting to force to other rules depending on the preference of my opponent, though my primary efforts will be considered with Squad Hammer in mind.

That's all for now, thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Additional Reinforcement

Still in expansion mode with the Combine with a heavy focus on vehicular options.  The current vehicles have mostly been with a budget minds...