Monday, June 15, 2020

Beginnings

Welcome to the little corner of the internet where I will be keeping track of the development and tabletop encounters for a singular 15mm sci fi miniatures project.


The Cottonian Stellar Combine started out as fun diversion with little serious intent about a year ago.  A friend and myself were playtesting and needed modern infantry so I settled on an inexpensive box of cold war Soviets from Plastic Soldier Company.  I opted to paint mine pink since neither of us are very serious about historical miniatures and I knew my friend would appreciate the extreme decision.



I added my first vehicle for testing armor rules, settling on a Zvezda BTR, once again opting for the inexpensive option. 

Eventually we moved on from playtesting and back to our usual fare of science fiction focused gaming.  Since I had a sizeable force of pink infantry I decided to continue using them in our regular games.

Matching dice were acquired and I had a Chieftain tank sitting unused in my collection.  No longer limited to using only Soviet representations, the Chieftain was added to a evolving project.

Continuing to add new models I chose to focus between WWII and modern while adding models that also give a sci fi flavor to the force.  A Zvezda KV-2 and General Early walking tank from Gear Krieg by Dream Pod 9 were added.

The most recent development in the process is the addition of this rocket artillery that I dug out of my diecast box.  I'm unsure of the source, but going forward I will be opening the force up to random diecast options as well as proper scale model kits.

In the future I plan to detail new additions as I add them.  The design idea is to have a large number of infantry backed by supporting armor and artillery.  Air support is inevitable, though most of our primary games don't cover rules for it so that may be a while.  Victories and defeats of the army will also be added as games are played with them.

That's all for now, thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Additional Reinforcement

Still in expansion mode with the Combine with a heavy focus on vehicular options.  The current vehicles have mostly been with a budget minds...